#266719 - 06/26/09 06:24 PM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
leezone Offline

Diki, please listen to all,
and let us know what you think...

#266720 - 06/27/09 12:04 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Thank you for the link
Sounds great, and nice played by the performer.
Wondering about if it's possible to adjust any of the
EQ effects for the audio loops, i.e. drums?

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#266721 - 06/27/09 02:43 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Yes GJ you can.

#266722 - 06/27/09 04:02 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Very nice demo's
This is the way to demo such a machine.

Impuls

#266723 - 06/27/09 09:30 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Wow! Very nice sound demos. Finally..

Now before you throw me to the Lions I want to clarify the above statement. This is the first time there has been an excellent quality "audio" demo along with a video presentation that I can recall. There have been many other videos of the Audya of course but these videos outshine them by far in my humble opinion. Kudos to Ketron and the demonstrator for really making the Audya shine in these videos. Extremely well done, and furthermore, it finally illustrates the magnitude of the Audya's capabilities.

I predict that the Audya will garner many accolades and awards from the Media in the coming months, including next years M.I.P.A. award for best portable Keyboard/Organ. That is unless of course Yammie, Korg, or Roland beats Ketron to the punch by releasing something at either Summer NAMM '09 or Winter NAMM 2010. As it stands now though Ketron is the easy favorite in my opinion.

I have to fess up and tell y'all that even though Michael Jackson may have been considered the King Of Pop the Ketron Audya is definitely "KING OF THE HILL" as far as I'm concerned. The "mystery" of the Audya is now beginning to unfold for the good. No other Arranger, current or past, can measure up to what the Audya brings to the table regarding sound realism and features. Yes, the Audya does lack in some areas e.g. paltry internal RAM capacity, audio styles don't work in conjunction with sus/dim/aug chords, only USB 1.1 etc., but using the Audya simply as a Live instrument keyboard it truly appears to outshine all the others including the T3, Pa2X, G70, etc.

Two other concerns with the Audya that I have are when using the audio guitars there is no ability to add modulation or pitch bend to them right? And there is NO Registration(s) feature similar to what Yamaha has on their arrangers if I'm not mistaken correct? Also, the demonstrator seems to be preoccupied with pushing buttons and it detracts from his performance somewhat. If Registrations (if it has them) could be set up beforehand most of that "pushing" could have been done away with. Although, maybe Ketron wanted people to see the relative ease at which it could be accomplished - pushing the buttons that is. Maybe they didn't show the demonstrator's face because they didn't want people to see him squint repeatedly. Those sure are small buttons.

All the best,
Mike

#266724 - 06/27/09 09:55 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Some very impressive RH sounds, the organ and piano were excellent...the Sax not so hot...not anywhere near SA Sax realism.

The drums were also very, very good...absolutely "live" sounding.

I'm disappointed the rest of the style parts weren't louder...the bass and drums dominated the mix far too much...once in a while the guitar parts could be heard, but for an arranger that features "audio guitars", they weren't showcased very well.

Along on the lines of what Mike was saying, there seemed to be a bit of awkwardness with the buttons, although perhaps this will get better with familiarity.

Again, referring to Mike's mention of the audio styles not working in conjunction with sus/dim/aug chords; I suppose there will be some players who can live with it...I know I couldn't...I use those chords far too often.

Certainly the demos are of much better quality, and far better than what we've heard from the Mediastation.

Ian

#266725 - 06/27/09 09:59 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
John DiLeo Offline

I just listened to these demos and wasn't very impressed at all, I don't hear what the big deal is. To be honest they are just ok, but compared to Yamaha top/mid units like my S900 or Tyros 3 the Audya definitly falls a bit short. I can't believe what they are asking for that unit also, not to mention the lack or service & third support in case you need repair also. I would say that the Korg Pa2x, & Roland G70 also are above the Audya in Sound & Styles, support too, but that's my personal opinion. Demos are just that, meant to provoke the customer to buy nothing more. Good luck for those who buy the Audya, hope it works for you. But I would bet trying to sell one and get you money back will definitly be hard to come by. It's just not something that would interest me especially at $4900.00

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online